The high-rise, stone-built campanile tower, characteristic of Rhodian (and Dodecanese) churches, is its most noteworthy exterior feature. The main structure features a cross-shaped floorplan with an octagonal dome on top, whitewashed walls, and a red byzantine tile roof. The inside pavement is covered with a well constructed pebble mosaic (hohlaki), which is common in Rhodian traditional architecture. There is a highly adorned and magnificently carved wooden iconostasis and a Bishop's seat in the front, with a huge bronze tiered candle chandelier hanging above. The beauty of the 19th century wall paintings portraying biblical themes will amaze visitors.
The barrel-vaulted ceiling and dome are decorated with additional magnificent paintings by the renowned Gregorios of Symi, which date back to 1779 and show icons of Mary, Jesus, and the saints. As guests turn to the rear of the church and go out, a large multicoloured fresco erupts with the narrative of The Last Judgment over the entryway. In the orange and crimson fires of hell, pale twisted corpses writhe together.
On the western entrance of the church, there is a device of Grand Master D'Aubusson, as well as an inscription with the years 1489/90, the dates of the modifications made to the structure.